Cornish Mines 3

Cornish Mines 3: So, this is the third introduction page for the mines under this section. Therefore, once again click on the image to navigate to the required page.

Cornwall Mining
Cornish Mine Images 3.1 – Some of the surviving buildings at King Edward Mine Museum, well worth a visit. Also is a good collection of machinery along with the only set of working Californian Stamps in Europe. The museum is well run and has some rather interesting exhibits.
Click on the image above for the King Edward Mine Page.
Cornwall Mining
Cornish Mine Images 3.2 – These are the buildings around Skip Shaft of Levant Mine. Another site managed by the National Trust the Engine House is the home of a preserved whim engine. The cliffs here are amazing, almost all the way from St Just to Pendeen are some very impressive mining remains.
Click on the image above for the Levant Mine Page.
Cornwall Mining
Cornish Mine Images 3.3 – The interior of Phillip’s Pumping Engine House of New Consols Mine near Luckett. The Engine House was virtually complete and in a fair condition. Sadly the roof has since collapsed bringing down all the internal beams. Another tragic loss to Cornish Heritage.
Click on the image above for the New Consols Mine Page.
Cornwall Mining
Cornish Mine Images 3.4 – Finally, this is the 60″Pumping Engine House on Turnavore Shaft of Polberro Mine. Last worked in 1941, extensive dressing floors were installed, also the Engine House was converted into a Miners Dry.
Click on the image above for the Polberro Mine Page.
Cornish Mines 3
Cornish Mines 3.5 – Deep in the heart of the Wendron Mining District is “Poldark Mine”. With extensive exhibits and underground tours a visit is highly recommended.
Click on the image above for the Poldark Mine Page.
Cornish Mines 3
Cornish Mines 3.6 – The remains of Poldice Mine, the extensive Dressing Floors are well preserved. These are the foundations for a bank of Californian Stamps. In addition this whole area is rich in history and mining remains.
Click on the image above for the Poldice Mine Page.
Cornish Mines 3
Cornish Mines 3.7 – This is the capped New Roskear Shaft. Previously used by South Crofty as a secondary egress when Robinson’s Shaft was abandoned. The remains of buildings around the shaft are an amazing survival, but sadly neglected.
Click on the image above for the New Roskear Shaft Page.
Cornish Mines 3
Cornish Mines 3.8 – The Pumping Engine House of South Polgooth Mine. This mine worked from 1830 – 1882 during that time 149 tons of Tin were produced. Meanwhile, in the foreground are the impressive remains of the Brunton Calciner on the site.
Click on the image above for the South Polgooth Mine Page.
Cornish Mines 3
Cornish Mines 3.9 – Tincroft Mine, these are the remains of the Compressor House, this supplied air to the drills used underground and two air winches.
Click on the image above for the Tincroft Mine Page.
Cornish Mines 3
Cornish Mines 3.10 – The Tolgus Calciner which is situated along the Old Portreath Road. This image was taken during 1990’s. But the condition has suffered a lot since then.
Click on the image above for the Tolgus Calciner Page.

Cornish Mines 4

Contact