Carn Galver Mine: This mine is situated beside the St Ives – St Just coastal road below the hill of Watchcroft. It’s a great road to drive unless you get caught behind one of the double decker tour buses.
The sett was worked under a variety of names; Wheal Rose, Rosemergy Mine and finally as part of Morvah and Zennor United. Both the remaining engine houses, a pumping and a whim house which were both built in 1871. The main operation was relatively short lived with the mine closing in 1876, during this time production was only only 150 tons of Tin.
The entrance to the main mine adit is now blocked, the portal can be seen in the back of Porthmonia Cove over half a mile away. Between the engine houses and the cove there are the remains of a small Tin processing plant. Several wheel pits which drove Cornish Stamps can also be seen on the site. Near the car park are the remains of the Count House has been converted into storage for Bosigran Climbing Club who scale the cliffs in Porthmonia Cove.
The Carn Galver Mine site is now managed by the National Trust, it is a beautiful piece of Cornish Coastline.
The rest of the images on the page are taken walking towards the sea the valley dips towards Porthmonia Cove. The views are spectacular and well worth a look.